- Citizenship: Beneficiaries must hold Jordanian or Syrian citizenship.
- Age: Beneficiaries must be at least 18 years old or over
- Eligible Locations: Irbid and Mafraq.
- Founding team: Startup team shall consist of at least two co-founding members, one founder startups can be studied on a case be case bases.
- Employment terms: Jordanian staff (founders and employees) must constitute of at least 50% of the established commercial project.
- Eligible Industries: Manufacturing and/or Services.
- Legal standing: Qualified beneficiaries must be in good standing with all civil and fiscal authorities, All Shamal Start beneficiaries shall submit a valid Certificate of Non-Criminal Record.
- External funding: Qualified beneficiaries should not be benefiting currently from any another funding under ShamalStart.